- Please review the Step By Step Guide 2019-2020 to better understand the requirements necessary to successfully complete this application process.
- Use the checklist below to assure that you have all of the mandatory information necessary to proceed with the application.
- Official name
- Summary or description of your organization, including a clearly defined organizational purpose
- Acronym for your organization to be entered as part of your profile on the getINVOLVED website
- Full name, position, NetID, phone number and email of 3 Rutgers University undergraduate student officers with a minimum GPA of 2.0:
- Primary officer ( i.e. President, Editor-In-Chief, General Manager)
- Additional officer (i.e. Vice President, Co-President, Managing Editor, Assistant Editor)
- Faculty/staff mentor (recommended but not required).
- Seven additional Rutgers University undergraduate students with an interest in the organization to serve as members. Must have their full name, net ID and email address.
- All officers and members must approve the membership request and have a completed profile on the getINVOLVED website.
- If your organization has a national affiliation, you must request an authorized letter of approval from the National organization*.
- Completed constitution ready to be uploaded. Use this Sample Constitution as a guide.
4. Visit getINVOLVED > Log in> Click on “Organizations” > Select “Recognize New Student Organization”
Note: All applications will be reviewed in detail, and if necessary, you will be contacted for any clarification. All organization’s primary contacts will be notified of a decision via email or through their getINVOLVED profile. If you would like to schedule a meeting with a New Student Organization Peer Advisor, or have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com
*The national affiliation approval letter must be submitted to the Department of Student Centers and Involvement within two weeks after submitting your application. Paper work can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the Department of Student Centers and Involvement at the Student Activities Center, 613 George Street (lower level), New Brunswick, NJ 08901.
New Student Organization Recognition Appeal Process
If your student organization is denied recognition and you wish to appeal, you must follow the procedures below:
- Within two weeks of your denial notification, you must fill out the Appeals Form on getINVOLVED.
- If you submit the form after this time frame, you will be denied. You must wait for the next recognition cycle to appeal.
- If your appeal is received on time and is denied, you must wait to re-apply during the next recognition cycle.
- If your appeal is received on time and approved you will be notified via email and you must resubmit your updated constitution via your original submission on GetINVOLVED. After this is received you will receive a provisional letter through email with requirements that must be completed during the academic year.
- What will the Appeal Form ask me?
- The name of your potential organization and contact information
- Why you were denied
- How have you changed your mission to rectify the reason for denial?
- Updated constitution & mission in Microsoft Word that distinguishes you from every other organization at Rutgers.
- Any ambiguities and vagueness will lead to an automatic denial.
Note: Any organization that is denied recognition due to University regulations is not eligible to appeal.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.