The Department of Student Involvement welcomes all new and returning commuter students to Rutgers University. We offer commuter students educational, social, developmental, and informative programs to help students feel connected to campus, discover involvement opportunities, and learn about campus life programs.
Whether you are attending Rutgers full- or part-time, in evening or day classes, you are encouraged to stop by the Department of Student Involvement at the Student Activities Center, 613 George Street to find out more information about services available to you.
The goals of Student Involvement are to:
- Ensure that the needs of commuter students are acknowledged and addressed.
- Facilitate the integration of commuter students into university life and student activities.
- Sponsor various events for commuter students throughout the academic year.
- Identify and encourage the academic achievement and leadership development of commuter students.
- Send out a monthly listserv to commuter students via email. This listserv includes upcoming events, special notices, updates and opportunities for commuter students.
We encourage students to get involved in the Rutgers Commuter Student Association (RCSA) The Rutgers Commuter Student Association is a volunteer student organization whose primary interest is to advocate and fulfill the needs and interests of commuting students through:
- Involvement with governing boards throughout the University in order to assist in the implementation of policies that affect the off-campus population and the community at large.
- Collaboration with other student organizations and committees throughout the Rutgers community.
- Programming to promote student integration into the Rutgers community.
- Recruitment and retention of members to ensure the longevity and vitality of RCSA
For more information, contact the Department of Student Involvement at firstname.lastname@example.org.